Don't let the last couple of days of cooler weather fool you into thinking that there's nothing to be done in your outdoor areas during February. There is PLENTY to do!
Today we're going to touch on lawns and address some items that should be on your February list.
- Use post-emergence herbicide on growing weeds (yes, some weeds are growing right now).
- Apply pre-emergent crabgrass control when soil temperatures reach 55 degrees for 4 or 5 days.
- Try to time applications when the soil is moist and there is no rain in sight for a least 8 hours, preferably 24 hours.
- Late February or early March is a great time to overseed your lawn to make it thicker or to cover bare areas.
- Although we've had a pretty warm winter, there's still time for a freeze. Never walk or drive on frozen grass.
These are just a few tips to get you started. Our next post will address additional items that will need to be taken care of during the month of February.